HOW TO SHRED A T-SHIRT : FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO CAN’T AFFORD 600USD FOR A BRANDED ONE.
October 4, 2010 § 8 Comments
Hello there everybody! :3/ Anyways, I know that I usually blog bout my life and whatever fucking nonsense but since my holidays equate to bumming around the house and eating a shitload of food + sleeping till the afternoon, I thought that I’d do a USEFUL BLOGPOST HAHAHAHA.
S’was looking through fashion sites that day and I came across this!
BLOODY FUCKING 644USD/901.60SGD WTFUCKMAX. How to bloody afford?! ):
So, I decided to take inspiration from various fashion blogs I went through (Eg: Childhood Flames.) AND BAM AFTER 1 WEEK OF EXPERIMENTING (And wasting a shitload of tshirts wtf.), I HAVE DECIDED TO POST A TUTORIAAAAAAL TO HELP EVERYBODYYYY. It’s really really easy! Easy to the point I think even my retarded 6 year old cousin can do it! :D
Finished product after 2 weeks of shredding it like an insane dog on buses/mrt! HAHAHAHA. ATTRACTED STRANGE STARES BUT FUCK THAT. It’s nowhere as chio as let’s say, a Maison Margiela shirt but urh, YOU CAN BE A SPESHUL SNOWFLAKE~
1) A plain t-shirt that you don’t want anymore. Note, use a lousier quality one cause it’s easier to shred. (The seams are looser!) And the shirt is smiling cause it’s finally seeing the light of the day after being trapped in my wardrobe for 950483983983 years. -_-
2) A pair of scissors. Incidentally, the one I’m using is used to cut meat LOLWTF. Despo mah!
3) LOTS OF TIME. I CAN NOT FUCKING STRESS THIS ENOUGH. So it’s best to do this whilst decomposing in front of the TV, or better yet, get minions friends to help you out! :D
4) A BLOODY GOOD SOUNDTRACK. Cause doing this in the silent dark of the night at 1am can drive you insane. ): I recommend Bee Gees or ACDC. 8DDD
5) The patience level of Mother Teresa or Ghandi cause IT’LL TAKE YOU A DAMN LONG TIME.
Step 2 : Decide how big a panel of shredding you want! The larger the panel, the bigger the “cobweb” effect! And my fingers are in a twist to show the panel size I wanna shred, not because I wanna induce a “kawaii~neh~” effect in my photo!
Step 3 : Give the panel a good stretching with your fingers(LOL) to loosen up the threads. And then, start picking at the bottom of the shirt to pull out threads. IT DOESN’T MATTER IF THEY BREAK! Just keep pulling and pulling!
Step 5 : After pulling out a few more threads, you’d start to see a cobweb effect more clearly! Tug at both sections of the thread and watch it unravel to form a chiotastic shirt YOU CAN’T BUY IN SINGAPORE CAUSE EVERYBODY’S WEARING THE SAME SHIT WTF!
Note, your shredding might become narrower at the top because it’s a 99% chance you didn’t tug at the strings properly. Find the section that’s still “tight” and loosen it before going back to widen the narrow section! Use a pencil/seam picker because chances are, the section will be “intensely tight”.
Step 7: Rinse and Repeat till you’re satisfied with it!
WOOHOOO MY FINAL PRODUCT AFTER DUNNO-HOW-MANY-FUCKING-HOURS OF SLAVING AWAY AT IT. I didn’t wanna shred the whole shirt cause I prefer having a bottom-heavy section cause it doesn’t make my bulging stomach obvous! 8DDD
And here you go! :D A tutorial on how to shred your shirt without starving to death for 3 months to save for an expensive one! Hope ya’ll enjoy! <333 BRING ON THE DIY LOVE.